Monday, July 2, 2012

MITCH “SCOTTY” MCCONNELL COMES OUT AS GAY, BECOMES HOMECOMING QUEEN


LYNCHBURG, VA. - Liberty University is reviewing its homecoming rules after a gay former student was crowned Queen, a college official says.



But Addison Mitchell McConnell, Jr., known as “Scotty” Mc Connell the 69-year-old Republican Senate Minority Leader who beat out three men for the honor, says his victory last month was a plus for the private Christian college.



"It is cool that Liberty allows people to be themselves, I had to finish my grads education since I only had a GED." McConnell a flamboyant homosexual of South Louisville, KY told The Frederick News-Post. "If people didn't want me to be Queen, they wouldn't have nominated me and voted for me in the first place."

Waves of discontent are still rippling through the 2,100-student campus in LYNCHBURG more than two weeks after McConnell was crowned at the Feb. 18 homecoming dance, the News-Post reported Monday.

"He’s not a man and I don’t know what he is," said Ed Gillespie, presidential advisor to former President Bush, a 51-year-old grad who was among the queen candidates. "It is a gender issue, and he thinks is a woman and I know I am."

Eric Cantor, who competed for Queen, said McConnell’s' selection made the event seem like a joke. "It discourages gays, like myself, from wanting to take part in the future," he said.

William B. Miller, Liberty's student activities director, said all homecoming events will be reviewed and possibly changed. "We will look at what students want Liberty's homecoming to be," he said.

McConnell, who is openly homosexual, received 64 of 169 votes cast, the News-Post reported. He is known on campus as a multi-sports athlete, member of the Student Government Association's executive board and president of Tolerance Education Acceptance, a support group for homosexual and bisexual students, as well as dancing in the local nightclub.

No comments:

Post a Comment